posted Jun 25, 2009, 1:41 AM by Diego S. Maranan
updated Jun 25, 2009, 3:31 AM
Today was a quiet but good day. This is what we accomplished:
- Kristine replaced the waterlogged soil of the two large vines. The soil looks much better now!
- Kristine & Tina have seeded the stones with urea to culture the nitrate-fixing (?) bacteria.
- Kristine, Tina, and I talked about issues with automatically refilling the tank. There are issues about where the water would come from, and what form the refilling mechanism would take. Tina suggested a floater in the aquarium tank attached to a ball that would stop the water coming from a reflling receptacle. This receptacle would probably have to be fairly small as it needs to fit inside the sculpture (presumably) and easy to refill.
- I divided the plants basically into two groups: the ones that need a lot of light are next to the algae counter next to all the fluorescent lights.
- The internet issue in the guest house has been sorted. UPOU's Kwiknet connection is pushing through!
- I made a salad lunch: julienned petsay, carrots, red peppers, green onions, mongo sprouts (toge), toasted garlic peanuts, crumbled instant noodles, kimchi, pepper, vinegar, and knorr garlic seasoning. We still have to finish the curry tuna sandwich spread I made.
The plants seem to feel happy.
Important note about the guest house: From July 10 to 12, we'll have foreign guests at the guest house. Angelo's room is still reserved, but the rest of us will have to bring sleeping bags or camp somewhere else or not stay the night.