It's almost hard to believe that we've only been 2 days into the 10-day workshop and we've accomplished so much, and with so few people!
- 7 computers have been successfully put together. About 5 of them are running Ubuntu and about 2 need something a bit less resource-intensive, so we're going to install Xubuntu tomorrow.
- We've pretty much bought all the materials we need for the next few days, including a water pump for the algae, 24 meters of tubing,
Tomorrow, this is what we have to do:
- Install Ubuntu on any remaining Ubuntu-friendly machines
- Finish the diagram that Marusa made of computer specs
- Burn Xubuntu installation disk
- Install Xxubuntu
- Tell Miha to contact the students for things to bring on Monday
As usual, we did a lot of troubleshooting. I'll try to post a list of problems we encountered and solutions we came up with. Little important things keep cropping up, like the fact that copper can kill algae. (There was a metal connector that Nic was going to use for the tubing, but it had a copper covering.)